Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

February Wrap-Up

Long time no chat! What can I say about the past month? I finished up being sick (finally!). Work stress has started getting the best of me. I am kicking booty in my classes. My awesome bf took me to Atlanta for our two year anniversary! And between work, classes, and homework I have been sleeping. Courtesy of not feeling well, I haven't worked hard at all on working out or watching my food (oopsies!), but on a positive note, I didn't gain anything :). Now that I'm back to being fairly healthy (I've pretty much accepted that my sinuses will be out of whack until we get consistent weather in MO. This 60 one day 30 and snowing the next is killing everybody.), I'm getting back on track. I'm back to using myfitnesspal.com. If you haven't checked it out, do it. It's a great (free) food and exercise tracker. It has really helped me get an idea of what I'm putting in my body, not only calorie-wise, but what nutrients I'm getting. What did I learn? Majority of my calories were coming from fats (no surprise with the way I love cheese!). I really lacked calcium intake and my sodium intake was way passed the recommended intake. MFP has really helped me focus on eating a more balanced diet. Balanced over restricted? Heck yes! I can still eat a cupcake if I want one! :) It is now becoming more of a lifestyle change and I just seem to do it more naturally. I still have a way to go though, but I am proud of how far I've come! I also finally got my booty back in the gym (I can hardly more after yesterdays workout!). I was pleasantly surprised I had not lost as much cardio endurance than I had thought I had after taking a month off. This past week I just walked to get back moving, but was surprised I could run in .75 mile intervals yesterday. I can't wait to get to the gym today because I have new headbands to try out. I won these babies on the http://ittybitsofbalance.com/2012/01/31/sparkle-me-baby-giveaway/. Thanks Brittany! I'll try them out and let you know how they work! They're supposed to be non-slip headbands which would be fantastic because every other headband slips off my head. You've got to love fine hair!

Just a little preview of my trip to ATL with the best bf ever! Excuse the bad picture quality, you have got to love self portraits! 


1 comment:

  1. That's really weird that I just signed up for MFP this morning before reading this. So far, I really like it.

    ReplyDelete