Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Back to school, Back to school

I started my first week of classes last week. This is a huge deal for me. I am completely switching path of study. All through high school I was dead set on becoming an elementary school teacher. I spent 3.5 years at Truman State University working towards that goal. Now I'm not trying to knock Truman, as it's a great school, but it was an awful school for me. I just wasn't happy there with the town or the school and 3.5 years in I left. I've been a working girl ever since. I've been a lead preschool teacher in 2 year-old rooms for nearly 2 years now. As much as I love my job and kiddos I spend my day with, I realized I would loose my sanity if I spent the rest of my life teaching! Well crap. What do I do now? In all my years of wanting to be a teacher, the distant second profession was an OB/L&D Nurse. I had always dismissed nursing because I "couldn't do all the science that would be involved". What a lame, cop-out excuse! Needless to say, I have chosen to go into Nursing! I have been so excited since I made this decision. Since I'm starting from scratch and paying for school myself, it's the com co for me to get prereqs out of the way while I start my search for nursing school! I'd love to get into L&D, Nursery, or NICU once I'm certified! So here goes the first semester of the rest of my life! SO STOKED!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment